What are we doing in response to COVID-19
Ephraim Village Cottages is known for our cleanliness and we will continue our commitment to the cleanest cottages in Door County. Our cottages are individual buildings, with individual entrances, individual kitchens and baths, and zero shared spaces. Because of this, it is possible to stay at our property in one of our cottages and maintain social distancing recommendations as the country, our state and county strongly suggest. Ephraim Village Cottages is a safe place and a safe space for guests to vacation in 2020.
We want our guests to know that we have implemented the following procedures to help ensure your safety while staying at our property:
- Self check-in is available upon request
- Guests may pay the remaining balance of their stay via cash or check without having to come into the office
- Housekeeping staff also takes your safety serious. Housekeeping performs the following cleaning procedures upon guest departure and prior to guest arrival in accordance with the CDC’s (Center for Disease Control) recommendations for lodging facilities:
- Housekeeping staff wears disposable gloves while cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves are changed in between cottages.
- All hard surfaces (example: tables/counters, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.) cleaned/sanitized using U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) pre-approved disinfectant products ensuring surface is kept wet with product for a period of time to ensure bacteria is killed.
- All soft surfaces (couches/chairs, furniture pillows, quilts, etc.) disinfected with a U.S. EPA pre-approved disinfectant spray.
- Remote controls and televisions disinfected with a U.S. EPA pre-approved bleach cleansing cloth.
- All sheets are sent to a professional laundry service that utilizes an added disinfectant and hot water for washing linens.
- Quilts and blankets are laundered onsite as needed in hot water and detergent.
- Housekeeping performs the following additional measures:
- Utilizing hand washing procedures in between cleaning cottages
- Not coming to work if feeling ill
- Practicing safe social distancing when possible while cleaning
If guests have any concerns about how we are working to ensure the safety of all who stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask. We are easy to reach. Call Daryl via phone: 920.559.2565 (talk/text) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org